National Children’s Week at Norlane Dental Surgery
National Children’s Week is a yearly event celebrated in Australia held in the fourth week of October (from 23-31).
In advance of National Children’s Week, your Norlane dentist shares that if kids have healthy teeth and good oral hygiene at an early age, they substantially increase their chances of keeping them for life. With that, dental disease will be reduced, resulting in better overall health.
The best way to keep your children’s dental health optimised is to begin teaching them at an early age.
Protect the Dental Health of Your Children
Children need to learn how to look after their teeth and gums from a young age.
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Norlane dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Norlane Dental Surgery Can Help
At Norlane Dental Surgery, your oral health and the appearance of your smile, and that of your children, is important to us.
We provide gentle, specialist care to patients of all ages and work to prevent disease, decay and achieve the highest aesthetic levels possible.
Our commitment to our patients is dental health and an attractive smile for a lifetime!
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Norlane
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,013 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 124 Sparks Road in Norlane.
We look forward to meeting you!
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Dental Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.