FREE Dental Implants Consultation
Nothing can take the place of natural teeth, but dental implants can come close.
A missing tooth is a serious matter. Teeth are made to work together. When you lose one, the nearby may tilt or drift into the empty space left.
The teeth in the opposite jaw may also shift towards the space.
This can affect your teeth and jaw alignment and place more stress on your teeth and jaw joints, causing muscle tension and pain.
If you are missing one or more teeth, there are many reasons why you should replace them:
- You may not like how the gap looks when you smile.
- Missing teeth may affect how you speak.
- A missing molar tooth can make it harder to chew.
- When a tooth is lost and not replaced, the teeth around it can shift.
- Bone loss can occur around the missing tooth. This may cause the remaining teeth to become loose over time.
- Loss of teeth and bone can make your face sag. You may look older.
- You hide your smile because you have missing teeth
- Your dentures are not comfortable
- You are not happy with your removable partial dentures
- You do not have or do not want your other teeth to anchor a bridge restoration
- People may choose implants to replace a single tooth, more than one tooth, or to support a full set of dentures.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are metal posts, usually made of titanium, surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw as a replacement of the missing tooth root.
The implants become sturdy anchors for one or more replacement teeth. Patients may get dental implants to replace a single tooth, several teeth or to support dentures.
Here are some of the common reasons people get dental implants:
- They help you chew better
- They can help fill out a face that could look “sunken” because of missing teeth.
- Dental implants can prevent further bone loss in the jaw.
- They are closest thing to natural teeth.
Who is a Qualified Candidate?
NorA qualified candidate for dental implants is a patient who:
- has good overall health
- have enough jaw bone to support implants, or who can have bone grafts to support implants
- takes good care of this/her teeth every day
- does not smoke or chew tobacco
- makes regular dental visits
Different Implant Options:
- Single tooth implant
- Implant supported bridge
- Implant supported denture
- Implants and Crowns Placement
- 3 Tooth Replacement
- All on 4 Dental Implants Norlane
- Full-arch rehabilitation missing teeth in either the upper or lower jaw may be replaced with a full-arch dental bridge supported by four or more dental implants
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants offer firm support to human-made teeth. Dentures, bridges or single teeth attached to the implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth – a very important benefit when eating and speaking.
- This secures fit also helps human-made teeth feel more natural than conventional bridges or dentures.
- Some people may find implant-supported dentures more comfortable than dentures than do not use implants. When teeth are missing, dental implants also help keep the jawbone from shrinking.
- Implants are a good value, because they can last a lifetime with good care.
- A single tooth implant is a stand-alone unit and doesn’t involve treating the teeth next to it.
- Implants help to preserve the bone after teeth are lost or removed.
- Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and gums, ensuring an attractive, esthetic result, while helping to maintain facial structures
- New teeth on dental implants do not require adhesives, eliminating the discomfort and insecurity of loose, ill-fitting dentures
Good oral hygiene is very important for the success of the implant.
If your dentist Norlane does recommend implant treatment, consistent and good oral hygiene is very important for the success of the implant.
You must spend time caring for the implant and making sure the area around it is very clean. If not, it increases your risk for infection, which can weaken the bone and tissues that are needed to support the implant.
FREE Dental Implants Consultation in Norlane Geelong
At Norlane Dental Surgery, we perform successful dental implant procedures that help replace missing teeth and decrease the risk of developing dental problems.
Dental Implants in Norlane Geelong
We are located at 124 Sparks Road in Norlane.
Two Implant Supported Lower Removable Denture
(Before) – Patient with missing lower left canine and premolars
(After) – Missing teeth replaced with 3 dental implants
(Before) – Patient with missing upper incisors
(After) – Upper incisors replaced with dental implants, restored lower incisors
(Before) – Patient with missing upper premolars and first molar
(After) – Missing upper premolars and first molar replaced with dental implants
Frequently Asked Questions
What are dental implants?
Who is a qualified candidate for dental implants?
How long will it take to recover?
How long will dental implants last?
Who can benefit from dental implants?
How much do dental implants cost?
Are there any diseases that would prevent me from receiving implant placement?
Will I be in pain after the procedure?
Can I be allergic to dental implants?
Can an implant be placed immediately after removing a natural tooth?
Do I get my new tooth/teeth the same day my implant(s) is (are) placed?
How do I care for my new tooth/teeth?
Routine check-ups and cleaning by your dentist are important for caring for your new implant-supported tooth/teeth. You and your dentist should agree on appropriate schedule.
Can I chew and eat normally with my new tooth/teeth?
Are there quality differences between dental implant brands?
Do you offer Payment plan?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.