FREE Dental Implants Consultation
- You may not like how the gap looks when you smile.
- Missing teeth may affect how you speak.
- A missing molar tooth can make it harder to chew.
- When a tooth is lost and not replaced, the teeth around it can shift.
- Bone loss can occur around the missing tooth. This may cause the remaining teeth to become loose over time.
- Loss of teeth and bone can make your face sag. You may look older.
Nothing can take the place of natural teeth, but dental implants can come close.
A missing tooth is a serious matter. Teeth are made to work together. When you lose one, the nearby may tilt or drift into the empty space left.
The teeth in the opposite jaw may also shift towards the space.
This can affect your teeth and jaw alignment and place more stress on your teeth and jaw joints, causing muscle tension and pain.
Teeth that have tipped or drifted are also harder to clean. This puts them at a high risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are metal posts, usually made of titanium, surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw as a replacement of the missing tooth root.
The implants become sturdy anchors for one or more replacement teeth. Patients may get dental implants to replace a single tooth, several teeth or to support dentures.
Here are some of the common reasons people get dental implants:
- They help you chew better
- They can help fill out a face that could look “sunken” because of missing teeth.
- Dental implants can prevent further bone loss in the jaw.
- They are closest thing to natural teeth.
Who is a Qualified Candidate?
A qualified candidate for dental implants is a patient who:
- has good overall health
- have enough jaw bone to support implants, or who can have bone grafts to support implants
- takes good care of this/her teeth every day
- does not smoke or chew tobacco
- makes regular dental visits
Different Implant Options:
- Single tooth implant
- Implant supported bridge
- Implant supported denture
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer firm support to human-made teeth. Dentures, bridges or single teeth attached to the implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth – a very important benefit when eating and speaking.
This secures fit also helps human-made teeth feel more natural than conventional bridges or dentures.
Some people may find implant-supported dentures more comfortable than dentures than do not use implants.
When teeth are missing, dental implants also help keep the jawbone from shrinking.
Implants are a good value, because they can last a lifetime with good care.
Dental Implants at Norlane Dental Surgery
At Norlane Dental Surgery, we perform successful dental implant procedures that help replace missing teeth and decrease the risk of developing dental problems.
We are located at 124 Sparks Road in Norlane.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are dental implants?
Who is a qualified candidate for dental implants?
How long will it take to recover?
How long will dental implants last?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.