Our Practice & Core Values
At Norlane Dental Surgery, we believe everyone deserves excellent quality dentistry, and our goal is to help you achieve this.
Norlane Dental Surgery is a multi-surgery practice which has been operating for over 30 years taking care of the oral health needs of the communities. At Norlane Dental Surgery, our focus remains on providing patients with exceptional General, Orthodontics and Implant dentistry.
We have a special interest in Implants, Orthodontics and Smile Rejuvenation via Veneers and Crowns and Bridges while also dealing with unexpected dental emergencies we all dread.
If you would like to know more about us, please contact us now for a consultation.
- Our patient-friendly team is passionate about providing our patients with the very best treatment and care they deserve.
- We listen to our patients, treating them with respect and kindness and shoving away dental anxiety. We will do our best to provide solutions and answers, however small, to give comfort and relieve suffering.
- We treat everyone the way we would expect to be treated ourselves. We take what others say seriously. We are honest about our point of view and of what we can and cannot do.
Dental Care for The Whole Family
Dental care for children and adults is essential to enjoy and make the most out of our daily activities. Norlane Dental Surgery offers a wide range of treatments that help maintain your family’s dental health.
We are A Full Service Dentistry Practice
Norlane Dental Surgery provides a wide range of dental treatments from general dentistry to orthodontic dentistry along with the latest technology in cosmetic dentistry like Smile Design Norlane and restorative dentistry (the All-on-4® treatment concept).
You’re In good Hands
If you seek solutions for your dental problems, Norlane Dental Surgery is the place to be!
Our goal is to provide extraordinary, comprehensive dental care to our patients in a friendly and comfortable setting, educating and encouraging them toward a state of optimal oral health. We are dedicated to continuing our education and sharing our knowledge with each other and our patients.
- We make treatment plans to suit the individual needs of the patients.
- We focus on the prevention of disease and promote optimum oral health.
- We make sure that all members of the team have the skills and training to carry out their duties effectively.
- We keep equality and diversity within the workplace.
- We ensure the practice adheres to the highest cross infection standards to provide a clean and hygienic environment.
Listed below are the most commonly asked questions we receive from our patients.
I have a severe toothache, can I be seen right away?
If your toothache is left untreated, the pulp in your tooth will eventually become infected. This can usually result in a dental abscess, with severe and continuous throbbing pain.
Pain relievers, such as paracetamol and ibuprofen, may reduce the pain and discomfort while waiting for an appointment. Children below 16 years of age shouldn’t be given aspirin.
I'm pregnant. Should I still visit my dentist?
Not only can you take care of cleanings and procedures like cavity fillings before your baby comes out, but your dentist can help you with any pregnancy-related dental symptoms you might have.
Is it true that bad teeth can lead to bad general health?
But recent studies find that poor dental hygiene can also have unexpected health consequences, such as increased risks for Alzheimer’s disease and heart disease.
What causes dental cavities?
They are caused by a combination of factors, including bacteria, frequent snacking, sipping sugary drinks and not cleaning your teeth well.
Do you treat children?
Children’s dentistry has a wide range of approaches to help a child complete needed dental treatment.
A pediatric dentist makes a recommendation of behaviour guidance methods for the child based upon health history, special health care needs, dental needs, type of treatment required, the consequences of no treatment, emotional and intellectual development, and parental preferences.
What are your tooth replacement options?
Dental implants are metal posts, usually made of titanium, surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw as a replacement of the missing tooth root. The implants become sturdy anchors for one or more replacement teeth.
Another option is dentures. Dentures are custom-made appliances designed to replace missing teeth and restore the appearance and oral functions.
There are two kinds of dentures – full and partial dentures. A full denture is used when all of the person’s teeth are gone, and a partial denture is used when there are still teeth left.
How can I prevent cavities?
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste soon after eating or drinking
- Rinse your mouth
- Visit your dentist regularly
- Consider dental sealants
- Drink some tap water
- Avoid frequent snacking and sipping
- Eat tooth-healthy foods
- Consider fluoride treatments
- Ask about antibacterial treatments
- Combined treatments
Are denture repair kits safe?
Denture repair needs the skills and knowledge of a dentist. Fixing the damage yourself by using denture repair kits can only cause further damage, which may make it more difficult for your dentist to fix.
“The Best Dentist in Geelong” awarded by Three Best Rated
Three Best Rated hand-picked top 3 dentists in Geelong, VIC. Their 50-Point Inspection includes everything from checking reviews, ratings, reputation, history, complaints, satisfaction, trust and cost to the general excellence. Deadset the best!
What’s Three Best Rated?
Three Best Rated is a business recommendation website. It selects what it considers to be the three best businesses within a business category, like dentists, for a given city. They select businesses based on several criteria such as reviews, pricing, value, trust, general excellence and more.
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED DENTAL ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.