Root Canal Therapy
Same Day Emergency Appointment Available
During root canal therapy, an endodontist who specialises in such treatment carefully removes the pulp from the tooth, cleans and shapes the root canals, and fills the space.
Indications for Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is performed when the pulp and nerve have been rotten or infected.
Some of the main causes of infection include severe decay, damaged tooth, injury, or a poorly done dental crown or filling.
Root canal infection can result in:
- Redness and swelling in the face, neck, or head.
- Recessive bone loss surrounding the affected tooth root.
- Drainage problems may spread outward from the root. A hole can form on the side of the tooth, draining into the gums or through the cheek with drainage to the skin.
- Continuous pain in the affected tooth
- Extreme sensitivity to hot or cold foods and beverages
- Discolouration of a tooth after an injury
- Swollen face
- Sensitive gums which are painful when chewing
The Root Canal Therapy Procedure
First step: Undergoing an X-ray to determine the condition of the root canals and discover if there are any signs of infection around the root.
Your Norlane dentist will administer local anaesthesia to numb the area around the affected tooth. Anaesthesia may not be required since the nerve is already dead, but most dentists still numb the area to keep the patient relaxed.
Next step: The tooth will be drilled, removing the infected pulp, nerve tissues, and other tooth structures. Water is used to flush out all the particles.
After cleaning, your tooth will be filled. You can have your tooth sealed afterwards, but you can also leave it as it is. Some dentists wait for a few days before sealing the tooth, but others don’t.
Last step: Tooth restoration. Dental restorations need to be placed on the tooth for protection, prevention from breaking, and rehabilitation. Your Norlane dentist will discuss with you the need for any additional dental work.
Root Canal Therapy at Norlane Dental Surgery
At Norlane Dental Surgery, we are dedicated to providing you with safe and effective root canal therapy with the help of regular check-ups and proper oral hygiene tips provided in our office.
We are located at 124 Sparks Road in Norlane.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is root canal therapy painful?
If the tooth doesn't hurt, do I need a root canal therapy?
How long is the duration of root canal therapy?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.