Call The Office
(03) 5278 2666
124 Sparks Rd, Norlane, VIC 3214
Some of the common reasons for tooth extraction include:
- Braces: Preparation for braces and retainers often involves pulling one tooth or a few teeth.
- Save space: Wisdom teeth are often extracted if there is no room for them in the mouth, or if they become impacted or infected.
- Damage or tooth decay: Tooth extraction may be the only choice if a tooth is severely decayed or too damaged to be repaired with fillings or crown.
- Radiation or chemotherapy patients: Pulling teeth may be necessary if radiation or chemotherapy to the head and neck causes teeth to become infected.
Once done, your dentist will advise you of any after-care measures. Typically, a small amount of bleeding is normal.
Your mouth will gradually fill the space where the tooth root was by the formation of a blood clot.
Typically, a small amount of bleeding is normal. Your mouth will gradually fill the space where the tooth root was by the formation of a blood clot.
Tooth Extraction Healing and Recovery
After tooth extraction, be sure to follow your dentist’s instructions for after-care, including the following:
Eat soft foods: Consume a soft diet until any anaesthesia wears off, and then limit your diet for the first few days after the procedure.
Take care of your teeth: Don’t brush your teeth immediately next to the area of tooth extraction within 24 hours, but brush the rest of your teeth. Get back to a good oral care practice after two days.
For the first few days, if you must, rinse your mouth gently.
If you experience redness and swelling, apply a cold cloth or an ice bag against the affected area and call your dentist immediately. Ask your dentist about pain relievers.
You can still brush and floss the other teeth like you always do. But don’t brush the teeth next to where the tooth was extracted.
Remember, when having an extraction, today’s modern treatments and follow-up care are there for your benefit and comfort.
Tooth Extractions at Norlane Dental Surgery
Tooth extractions performed at Norlane Dental Surgery are guaranteed easy, safe, and beneficial to our patients. They are proven helpful to those who have problems with crowding, decay, and damage.
We are located at 124 Sparks Road in Norlane.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I need a tooth extracted?
In many cases, whether or not you need a tooth extraction, there are benefits and disadvantages to your choices. Your dentist should be able to discuss them with you.
Are tooth extractions painful?
How long does it take for a tooth extraction site to close?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.
There is ample free car parking onsite