Scale and Clean
Call The Office
(03) 5278 2666
124 Sparks Rd, Norlane, VIC 3214
Meet our dental team
Scale and Clean Norlane Geelong
Daily brushing and flossing are not enough to remove stubborn plaque and tartar build-up. Only a scale and clean at your dentist’s office can do that.
A professional dental clean is a process of removing soft and hard plaque, and stains that cannot be removed with regular toothbrushing at home. Scaling and cleaning prevents the development of tooth decay and gum disease and is recommended each six months.
Benefits of Scale and Clean
Brighter and shinier teeth. Over time, calculus can build up on your teeth. A scale and clean procedure removes all calculus before your teeth are polished, lifting some surface stains.
Better gum health. Calculus present in uncleaned teeth contains infection-causing bacteria, and removing it reduces your risk of periodontal disease.
Fresher breath. After having your teeth cleaned, you will notice your mouth feels extremely clean, and your breath smells extra fresh.
Protect your general health. Periodontal disease has been related to many health conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, dementia and certain cancers. A scale and clean is an effortless way to reduce your risk of any disease.
Preventive care is cheaper. It’s far cheaper preventing dental diseases than treating it and attending regular hygiene appointments can reduce your dental bills.
You might need a scale and clean if you…
- have stubborn plaque or calculus on your teeth
- want to take preventive measures to take care of your teeth
- have stained teeth due to smoking and using tobacco products
- have stained teeth from drinks such as coffee, tea or red wine
- have TMJ disorder and other jaw joint pain
Scale and Clean Procedure
At Norlane Dental Surgery, you will get custom teeth cleaning and scaling that is usually completed in an hour.
The procedure includes the following steps:
- Before starting the scale and clean, your Norlane dentist will complete a dental check-up to ensure that you don’t have any serious dental issues.
- After the check-up, we will use ultrasonic cleaning equipment to get through the pockets and areas below the gumline to remove plaque. The equipment can reach all the areas that are hard to reach when brushing.
- We will scale and clean the top jaw – both front and back – then move to the bottom jaw – front and back – to complete the process. This approach ensures that no areas are left without scaling and cleaning.
- You will also receive a fluoride treatment, a gum check-up along with scaling and cleaning.
- You can also opt for a root planing treatment together with scaling so your gums can be reattached to your teeth.
During the root planing, your tooth surfaces will be smoothened by your dentist, which allows the gum tissue to heal and reattach to your teeth.
Your Norlane dentist may advise you to undergo a special dental routine to promote quick healing.
Root planing may need an additional visit to our clinic and need to administer a local anaesthetic to numb the area.
Scale and Clean in Norlane Geelong
Keep your teeth clean and problem-free with a professional scale and clean. Make an appointment today!
We are located at 124 Sparks Road in Norlane.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I come for a scale and clean?
How are dental cleanings performed?
Is it going to be painful?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED DENTAL ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Dental Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.