Dental Health Week 2022: Love Your Teeth | Norlane Dental Surgery
The Australian Dental Association’s main annual oral health promotion event, Dental Health Week, always takes place the first week of August.
The theme of Dental Health Week in 2022, which runs from August 1–7, is “Love Your Teeth.”
Love Your Teeth: Four Important Lessons
The four core messages of the 2022 Dental Health Week campaign and the ADA’s primary oral health messages are intended to emphasise how crucial it is to value and uphold good oral health to preserve your teeth for life:
#1. Use fluoride toothpaste to brush your teeth twice daily
Plaque, a sticky, white film that forms on your teeth and includes bacteria, is removed when you clean your teeth.
The bacteria in plaque develop acids that eat away at tooth enamel after consuming a meal that contains sugar.
Cavities can develop over time due to the acid eroding tooth enamel.
In addition to hardening into tartar, unattended plaque can make it more difficult to keep teeth clean.
Your gums get inflamed due to tartar buildup, which results in gum disease.
#2. Every day, use dental floss or interdental brushes to clean in between your teeth
The probability of dental decay and gum disease is decreased by flossing because it helps eliminate food particles from in between your teeth, bacteria, and plaque.
#3. Limit added sugar intake while maintaining a healthy, balanced diet
Think before you eat and drink for a healthy lifestyle and healthy teeth and gums.
Your oral health can be impacted by when you eat as well as what you eat.
Eat a balanced diet and avoid overeating between-meal snack food.
#4. Regularly visit your Norlanedentist for check-ups and preventive care
A dental examination is crucial because it maintains the health of your teeth and gums.
A regular dental check-up should be scheduled at least every six months or more frequently if your dentist advises.
By combining these, you can reduce your risk of developing gum disease or tooth decay. And it means spending less time receiving expensive treatments in the dentist’s chair.
Importance of Oral Hygiene
The main objective of oral hygiene is to avoid plaque buildup, which can result in gum disease or tooth decay.
Here are reasons why maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial, in addition to your oral health:
- Your oral health may be a sign of your general health. If you don’t maintain good oral hygiene, you may have unhealthy teeth and gums, resulting in heart disease and several other serious health problems.
- You may experience painful swollen gums, mouth sores or ulcers, dry mouth, or other dental problems if your teeth and gums are unhealthy.
- You can eat almost anything if your teeth and gums are in good condition. Anyone who has experienced tooth loss or severe gum disease will tell you that being able to eat anything you want at all times is not something to take for granted.
- Anybody who sees a lovely smile gets a message. It conveys that you value your beauty enough to look after yourself. When you meet friends, you can smile because you know you take good care of your teeth. People are attracted to confident people.
Love Your Teeth!
Oral cancer is a dreadful disease. If you love your teeth, you’ll visit the dentist at least twice a year for a check-up and cleaning.
When you see your dentist, they can detect the early stages of oral cancer, enabling you to receive the necessary treatment as soon as possible.
At Norlane Dental Surgery, we believe everyone deserves excellent quality dentistry, and our goal is to help you achieve this.
Visit us at 124 Sparks Road in Norlane.
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Dental Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.