Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants’s Resolutions for a Great New Year
As the New Year arrives, most of us sit down and make a list of resolutions that hope to follow for the next year.
At Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants, we are no different.
At the end of each year, we remind ourselves of the core principles by which we practise dentistry and resolve that we will keep them in mind and act on them, for the New Year and through the entire year.
First, we resolve to follow the dental code of the Dental Board of Australia.
At Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants, we resolve to perform the “duty to make the care of patients or clients [our] first concern and to practise safely and effectively. Maintaining a high level of professional competence and conduct is essential for good care.”
The code includes standards for practitioner behaviour in relation to:
- providing good care, including shared decision-making
- maintaining professional performance
- minimising risk
- working with patients or clients
- working with other practitioners
- working within the healthcare system
- professional behaviour
- ethical conduct
- ensuring practitioner health
The most relevant parts of this code are:
Making decisions about healthcare is the mutual responsibility of the patient and practitioner.
Patient-practitioner relationships should be premised on trust, openness and communication. This includes all forms of communication, including in-person, written and electronic.
Practitioners have ethical and legal responsibility to protect the privacy of patients and potential patients.
Practitioners must receive informed consent for care provided to patients or clients. Caring for children and young people brings additional responsibilities for practitioners.
Good practice involves genuine efforts to understand the cultural needs and contexts of different patients or clients to obtain good health outcomes. Practitioners need to be aware that some patients or clients have additional requirements and modify their approach appropriately.
Maintaining and developing our skills, knowledge, and professional behaviour are central aspects of such good practice.
In addition to these resolutions drawn directly from the code, at Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants:
- We resolve to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our patients, always treating them in a warm, relaxed and comfortable environment.
- We resolve to provide services, products, and treatments that meet the Australian Dental Association’s standards, as well as those of other relevant agencies governing the dental profession.
- We resolve to respect your schedule. We offer appointments for patients with busy schedules, and we begin our appointments on time and finish them on schedule. For convenience, we offer Saturday appointments!
- We resolve to attend to your concerns. Many people have anxiety or fear of dentistry. At Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants, we always do our best to make your dental visit as comfortable as possible. Never hesitate to let us know how we can make your treatment more comfortable, including your anaesthesia preferences!
- We resolve to keep you healthy and safe, which includes keeping our skills and knowledge up to date. Because new technologies and techniques are constantly emerging, Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants spends time in ongoing education. Our practice is science-base, effective, safe, clean, and sterile.
- We resolve to respect your needs and wants. Patients have the right to make their treatment decisions.
- We resolve to ensure your comfort during treatment through the use of appropriate technology, anaesthesia, and behavioural approach.
- We resolve to be affordable. The cost of dental treatment can be intimidating. At Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants, we will help you maximise possible dental insurance benefits. Our goal is to have you pay as little money, out of pocket, as possible.
- We resolve to maintain our skills, knowledge, and professional behaviours by taking advantage of ongoing education and training.
- We resolve to support your schedule. We begin and end our appointments on time, and we offer appointments on Saturday for your convenience.
- We resolve to be honest.
- We resolve to provide an environment in which you feel safe and comfortable. Your visit to a dental office should not cause any additional anxiety, and if you have any worries, fears, or phobias, we are happy to work with you to accommodate them. We are also glad to discuss anaesthesia options.
Finally, we’d like to remind you of one of the easiest resolutions you can keep, and one that’s great for your dental and overall health.
If you visit Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants twice a year and make both those appointments now, you can have a New Year’s resolution that is both great for you and easy to keep!
Quality Dentistry in Norlane
At Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants, we believe everyone deserves the highest quality dentistry, and our goal is to help you receive it.
Norlane Dental Aesthetics and Implants is a multi-surgery practice in operation for over 30 years, taking care of the varied oral health needs of the Norlane community.
We have a particular focus on implants, orthodontics, and smile rejuvenation using veneers, crowns, and bridges, while also dealing with the unexpected dental emergencies we all dread.
If you would like to learn more about us, please contact us now for a consultation.
For more information, call us on (03) 5278 2666 or visit us at 21 Princes Highway in Norlane.